Dr Hung-Tsan CHOW
MB BS (HK)
FHKAM (Orthopaedic Surgery)
Specialty: Orthopaedics and Traumatology
Subspecialty: Spine Surgery
Dr HT Chow is an orthopaedic surgeon specialising in spine surgery.
Dr HT Chow is an expert in both non-surgical and surgical treatment of neck and back pain problems. He adopts diagnostic injections to identify the source of any pain and performs the latest surgical techniques, including biacuplasty, minimally invasive decompressive surgery, cervical and lumbar artificial disc replacement, minimally invasive anterior lumbar spine fusions, spinal dynamic stabilisation and spinal osteotomy for deformity correction.
After completing his schooling at the University of Hong Kong, Dr HT Chow began his practice in Tai Po Hospital. He further focused his clinical work in Spine Surgery at the North District Hospital from 2005-2010, before leaving the public sector to join AMS a dedicated spine surgeon. He also extended his practice beyond Hong Kong as a visiting consultant in Beijing, Shanghai, and Macau.
Dr Chow is very active in teaching and research. He has been a trainer for the Hong Kong College of Orthopaedic Surgeons since 2007. Dr Chow also conducts clinical research and studies in the field of spine surgery, looking into new technology or procedures that will bring benefits to his patients. In recognition of his dedication to spine surgery, he has been invited to share his experience on minimally invasive surgery at local and regional medical meetings around South East Asia and even in the USA. Dr Chow is also very active within the orthopaedic and spine surgery community; currently, he is the Secretary General of the Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Society and Vice President of Spine Chapter, Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association.
Dr Chow, who is based in Hong Kong, is also a visiting consultant at International SOS Clinic Beijing Managed by Raffles Medical, Shanghai United Family Hospital and Shanghai United Family Pudong Hospital.
Recent Publication and Presentations
- 2014 ”Oblique Lumbar Interbody Fusion and Cortical Screw Fixation” Medtronic, Visiting Surgeon Program, Dayton, USA
- 2014 Speaker and Table Instructor, “Latest technology of Anterior Spinal Fusion, MISS Society, Hong Kong
- 2014 “Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery”, Visiting Surgeon Program, Wooridul Spine Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
- 2014 Invited Speaker, “Minimally Invasive Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion”, Minimally Invasive Spinal Fusion Course, Depuy Synthes, Ching Mai, Thailand
- 2013 invited Speaker, “Minimally Invasive Cervical Spine Surgery” & “Dynamic Stabilisation of Lumbar Spine”, Minimally Invasive Spine Society Annual Meeting, Taiwan
- 2012 Invited Speaker, Weight bearing MRI - Experience in Spine Surgery, 3rd Radiology Annual Meeting, Luoyang, China
- 2011 Invited Speaker, Xeed Meeting in Spine surgery, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2011 Faculty, AO Spine Seminar on Management of Degenerative Spine Problems
- 2010 Invited Speaker, Xeed Meeting in Spine surgery, Beijing, China
Awards, Honours and Organization
- 2019 – Present Secretary General, Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Society
- 2019 – Present Vice President, Spine Chapter, Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association
- 2014 – 2018 Council Member, Hong Kong Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Society
- 2013 – 2014 Council Member, Spine Chapter, Hong Kong Orthopaedic Association